Beefy Zucchini-tomato Casserole
Dutch oven cooking is as popular now as it was centuries ago and today’s cooks have discovered that
this type of cookware is capable of producing an amazing array of delicious meals. We have collected many
Dutch oven recipes over the years and we hope you will use them to create some great meals for your family and
One of the best dish that you could prepare especially if love zucchini; this mouth-watering beef with
zucchini is amazingly simmered in creamy and rich tomato sauce. A full meal already that will fill your empty
stomach in just single serving!
1 1/2 lb Ground beef
3 can Tomato sauce(8oz)
1/4 teaspoon Ground marjoram
1/8 teaspoon Dried sweet basil leaves
2 lb Zucchini
1/4 teaspoon Ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon Dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon Ground oregano
Grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoon Vegetable oil
3 tablespoon Olive oil
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
1 c Dry red wine
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- In a Dutch oven cook the beef until browned and saute the onion until tender.
Drain the excess fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, ground pepper, thyme, oregano, vegetable oil,
onion, red wine, salt, marjoram and sweet basil leaves. Bring into a
- Reduce the heat, cover and let it simmer for about 1 hour. Stir
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the zucchini half lengthwise and then put cut sides up to the greased
baking dish. Pour the tomato sauce.
- Let it bake, uncovered for about 45
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Our Dutch oven recipes are primarily used with
cast iron dutch ovens, but you may also use
aluminum dutch ovens or
enameled dutch ovens. If you are new to dutch oven
cooking, we recommend you consider buying cookware made by a reputable manufacturer such a Lodge, Le Crueset,
Staub, All-Clad, Mario Battali, Calphalon and Emerilware. We check prices regularly for dutch ovens and by far
the best prices have always been found at Amazon.