Cheese Stuffed Red Peppers
Dutch oven cooking is as popular now as it was centuries ago and today’s cooks have discovered that
this type of cookware is capable of producing an amazing array of delicious meals. We have collected many
Dutch oven recipes over the years and we hope you will use them to create some great meals for your family and
Amazing, remarkable and exquisitely delicious are the few things that you can say to this rich and full of
flavour dish. A complete meal that will make you happy and full at the same time; this cheese stuffed red peppers
is certainly a must have to your recipe box!
1/2 lb Ground turkey breast
8 oz FF Pepper Jack Cheese, HC -- Shredded
3/4 c Cooked brown rice
3/4 c Cooked wild rice
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
3 large red peppers
1/3 c sliced Green onions
2 oz chopped Pimiento
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
4 c Water
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a skillet cook and saute the turkey and garlic until browned.
- Slice in half the red peppers lengthwise then remove seeds and membranes,
- In a large Dutch oven bring water into boil and cook the pepper halves for
about 2 minutes. Drain.
- In large bowl stir together 1 cup of cheese, brown rice, green onions,
pimiento, cayenne pepper and turkey mixture. Stuff each pepper with this
- Arrange the pepper halves in 12"x 7" baking dish sprayed with non-stick
cooking spray, cover and let it bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and sprinkle the cheese. Continue baking until cheese
Our Dutch oven recipes are primarily used with
cast iron dutch ovens, but you may also use
aluminum dutch ovens or
enameled dutch ovens. If you are new to dutch oven
cooking, we recommend you consider buying cookware made by a reputable manufacturer such a Lodge, Le Crueset,
Staub, All-Clad, Mario Battali, Calphalon and Emerilware. We check prices regularly for dutch ovens and by far
the best prices have always been found at Amazon.