Ricotta-stuffed Turkey Breast
Dutch oven cooking is as popular now as it was centuries ago and today’s cooks have discovered that
this type of cookware is capable of producing an amazing array of delicious meals. We have collected many
Dutch oven recipes over the years and we hope you will use them to create some great meals for your family and
Turkey meat is very tasty and delicious and eaten without the skin it makes a healthy dish as it is known
to be a great source of high-quality protein and B vitamins. Serve this rich and filling dish to your whole family
together with fresh green salads and profit with tones and nutrients.
1 skinless, boneless turkey breast half (about 2 kg)
1/2 packet frozen chopped spinach (300g packet), thawed and well drained
2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
1 egg white
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 356 degrees F.
- In Dutch oven heat 2 teaspoons of oil over low heat then add the garlic and
cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook for about 4 minutes. Stir frequently
then let it cool.
- In medium bowl combine together the ricotta, orange zest, egg white, nutmeg,
pepper. Add into the Dutch oven.
- Put the turkey between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper or foil then sprinkle
- Spread the ricotta mixture on the turkey and roll up, secure using strings.
Place in a small baking dish.
- Brush with the remaining oil and sprinkle with rosemary and season salt to
- Roast for about 1
Our Dutch oven recipes are primarily used with
cast iron dutch ovens, but you may also use
aluminum dutch ovens or
enameled dutch ovens. If you are new to dutch oven
cooking, we recommend you consider buying cookware made by a reputable manufacturer such a Lodge, Le Crueset,
Staub, All-Clad, Mario Battali, Calphalon and Emerilware. We check prices regularly for dutch ovens and by far
the best prices have always been found at Amazon.