Zesty Zucchini Stew
Dutch oven cooking is as popular now as it was centuries ago and today’s cooks have discovered that
this type of cookware is capable of producing an amazing array of delicious meals. We have collected many
Dutch oven recipes over the years and we hope you will use them to create some great meals for your family and
If you miss your Mom’s recipe, then this will bring everything back.
2 diced zucchini
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
3 pounds ground beef
2 cups uncooked white rice
1 chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Using your cast iron pot or Dutch oven combine the zucchini and onion, cover
with 3 inches of water. Turn the heat into medium high and bring into a
- Stir in the tomatoes and rice, reduce the heat and let it
- In a large cast iron skillet cook the beef over medium heat until
- Mix and stir into the zucchini soup, you can add water if
- Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for about 20 minutes more or
until the rice is soft and tender.
- Serve hot.
Our Dutch oven recipes are primarily used with
cast iron dutch ovens, but you may also use
aluminum dutch ovens or
enameled dutch ovens. If you are new to dutch oven
cooking, we recommend you consider buying cookware made by a reputable manufacturer such a Lodge, Le Crueset,
Staub, All-Clad, Mario Battali, Calphalon and Emerilware. We check prices regularly for dutch ovens and by far
the best prices have always been found at Amazon.